Drink yourself Healthy
Boost your immunity during the cold winter months with these nutrition-rich smoothie recipes, which are packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and superfoods. These delicious recipes will not only support your immune system and ward off illness but can also help to support your training goals.
Fruits and vegetables are powerhouses when it comes to immune-supporting nutrients, and these smoothies are a great way to get all the good stuff in one hit. Which one will you choose?
Need an extra dose of vegetables in your diet? Try this Winter Fruit Green Smoothie.
Nothing says goodness like this Winter-Fruit Green Smoothie. Coconut water will replenish your electrolytes and the chia seeds are full of fibre and magnesium. Chia seeds can also absorb up to 10 times their weight in water, meaning that you’ll stay hydrated for longer.
To make you need;
One inch of Ginger
250ml coconut water
1 stick celery
Handful of spinach
1 sprig of parsley.
1) Wash the fruit and vegetables.
2) Remove the hard skin from the ginger and peel the apple and pear.
3) Chop your vegetables into cubes, then blend the celery, apple and pear with the coconut water.
4) Add the rest of your ingredients and blend until smooth
Warming Protein Punch
Try this Creamy Hot Chocolate Smoothie. This winter warmer is not only packed with plant-based proteins, which will help increase both satiety and stamina, it will also warm you up from the inside out. When we get back to the gym after lockdown DOMS is going to come with a vengeance. The good news is that by optimising your protein intake with this tasty smoothie, you may get away with suffering slightly less!
To make you’ll need;
250ml unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
40 g rolled oats
1 Scoop NGX Cacao and Coconut flavour
1 Scoop NGX BodyFuel
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp cashew nut butter
1) Add all the ingredients to the blender and mix well until the ingredients become evenly smooth as well as creamy.
2) Pour it in a medium-size saucepan and let it boil until it's warm enough to drink.
3) Stir before serving and if it’s too thick, then add some more almond milk until it’s evenly smooth.
4) Pour into a mug and sprinkle with cinnamon to finish.
Ultimate Immunity Boost
Feeling under the weather? Try this immune-boosting berry smoothie. Vitamin C is involved in many parts of the immune system, and it's no secret that it’s can help protect against infection and illness. This Immune boosting Smoothie contains berries, chia seeds and our NGX Superberry flavour boost, which are all jam-packed with antioxidants, fibre, vitamin C and flavonoids, great for curbing inflammation and supporting the circulatory system.
To make you’ll need;
Large handful of blueberries
1 Scoop NGX Superberry
Handful of raspberries
2 tbsp walnuts
250ml almond milk
1 tsp cinnamon
2 tsp chia seeds
1/2 cup ice cubes
Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more almond milk or some water if necessary to reach desired consistency.