What is NGX Protein and its benefits?
This blog explores what NGX Protein is, why we created it and the benefits it gives to you. 😍
What is NGX Protein?
NGX Protein is a ‘complete’ protein that delivers a rich amino acid profile, complete with all nine essential amino acids and all three branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs). NGX Protein delivers a very high protein concentration, with up to 25g per 30g of powder.
The powder is easily digested, rapidly absorbed and, most importantly, delivers best-in-class results across muscle performance, health and weight management goals. Plus, NGX Protein is completely plant powered – making it a vegan-friendly and very sustainable source of protein.
Why we created NGX Protein
Protein plays an essential role in muscle building, performance, recovery and maintenance. What’s more, protein is the most highly satiating of the three macronutrients (the others being fats and carbs). So whilst protein is a fundamental nutrient for fitness and performance goals, it is also the best nutrient for use in weight management and well-being regimes.
However, not all proteins are created equal. For many years, animal-based proteins such as whey and casein were the go-to source for protein-based shakes and supplements due to their rich amino acid profile.
However, with increasing gut tolerability issues and growing environmental concerns, we wanted to create a protein source that was not only effective but tolerable for the gut and good for the environment too.
Individually, these protein supplements provide a wide variety of benefits. But in combination, they deliver one of the best, if not the best nutrition profiles of any protein product in the world.
What is NGX Protein made from?
NGX Protein is made from a special blend of plant-based pea protein powder and brown rice protein isolate.
Pea protein powder is a ‘complete’ protein that is made from yellow split peas. The pea is a great source of high-quality plant-based protein that is rich in essential amino acids (EAAs) and the important branched-chain amino acids (BCAAs), which are essential for muscle growth and repair. It is also low in fat and carbohydrates, making it a great option for infusing high-protein products.
Brown rice protein isolate powder is another high-quality plant-based protein supplement. As the name suggests, we create it by isolating the protein from the carbohydrates and fats in brown rice. This process results in a protein powder that is around 80% protein and – just like pea protein – contains very little carbohydrate or fats.
What are the nutritional benefits of NGX Protein?
NGX Protein has a number of critical nutritional benefits conferred by the combination of pea protein powder and brown rice protein isolate. These include:
1. Complete Amino Acid Profile
NGX Protein has a complete amino acid profile – which means it's rich in essential amino acids and BCAAs. The combination of pea protein powder and brown rice protein isolate are a perfect match here, as pea protein powder is rich in BCAAs, but it is low in the amino acid lysine. Whilst brown rice protein isolate powder on the other hand, is high in lysine. By combining the two, you can create a protein powder that provides all the essential amino acids and BCAAs your body needs to support muscle growth and repair.
2. Very High Protein Concentration
Combining pea protein powder and brown rice protein isolate powder can also result in a higher protein content. Pea protein powder is typically around 80% protein, while brown rice protein isolate powder is around 90% protein. By combining the two, you can create a protein powder that is around 85% protein, providing even more protein per serving.
3. Very Good Digestibility
NGX Protein is extremely well tolerated and easily absorbed because the pea protein powder and brown rice protein powder are both hypoallergenic and easily digestible - especially compared with whey protein. This makes NGX Protein a great source if you are lactose intolerant or suffer from bloating, gas or gut discomfort when consuming high amounts of protein like whey.
4. Very High Efficacy
The complete amino acid profile delivered by NGX Protein results in a highly effective protein source that is just as good as the old standard whey, but with none of the side effects. So if you are looking to build or maintain muscle, improve physical performance, accelerate exercise recovery or support healthy weight loss – the combination of pea and brown rice protein is an excellent choice.
5. Can Lower Blood Pressure
Some studies have shown that the pea protein powder in NGX Protein can help lower blood pressure due to its high arginine content, which can improve blood flow and cardiovascular health.
6. Can Regulate Blood Sugar
NGX Protein can also help regulate blood sugar levels due to the low glycemic index found within pea protein powder. This can be very helpful if you suffer from diabetes or need help controlling your overall blood sugar levels.
7. Vegan-Friendly & Sustainable
NGX Protein is a much more sustainable option compared with animal-based protein sources. NGX Protein is vegan-friendly and uses 63x less land and 48x less water.
The production process also produces 29x less CO2 than beef products. Incredible! So if you are looking to reduce your environmental impact while still meeting your daily protein needs, your personalised NGX BodyFuel or BodyFuel Pro products are great options for you, as they are filled with NGX Protein.
In summary, NGX Protein is a ‘complete’ protein made up of sustainably sourced pea protein powder and brown rice protein isolate powder. We use NGX Protein in personalised NGX BodyFuel, BodyFuel Pro and PowerPack nutrition products because it provides a wide range of benefits.
NGX Protein has a rich amino acid profile, a high protein concentration and is easy to digest. It is highly effective for building and maintaining muscle, muscle repair, recovery, weight loss and management regimes. Plus it's a vegan-friendly, sustainable option. What’s not to love!?
- Babault, N., Païzis, C., Deley, G., Guérin-Deremaux, L., Saniez, M. H., Lefranc-Millot, C., & Allaert, F. A. (2015). Pea proteins oral supplementation promotes muscle thickness gains during resistance training: a double-blind, randomized, Placebo-controlled clinical trial vs. Whey protein. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition, 12, 3. doi: 10.1186/s12970-014-0064-5
- Joy, J. M., Lowery, R. P., Wilson, J. M., Purpura, M., De Souza, E. O., Wilson, S. M. C., … Jäger, R. (2013). The effects of 8 weeks of whey or rice protein supplementation on body composition and exercise performance. Nutrition Journal, 12, 86. doi: 10.1186/1475-2891-12-86
- Tang, J. E., Moore, D. R., Kujbida, G. W., Tarnopolsky, M. A., & Phillips, S. M. (2009). Ingestion of whey hydrolysate, casein, or soy protein isolate: effects on mixed muscle protein synthesis at rest and following resistance exercise in young men. Journal of Applied Physiology, 107(3), 987–992. doi: 10.1152/japplphysiol.00076.2009
- Vliet, S. V., Burd, N. A., & Van Loon, L. J. C. (2015). The Skeletal Muscle Anabolic Response to Plant- versus Animal-Based Protein Consumption. The Journal of Nutrition, 145(9), 1981–1991. doi: 10.3945/jn.114.204305
- Arnold, J. M. O., & Yusuf, S. (2003). Prevention of Heart Failure: The Role of ACE Inhibitors and Other Antihypertensive Agents. The Canadian Journal of Cardiology, 19(9), 1057-1062. doi: 10.1016/s0828-282x(03)00760-5
- Madani, Z., Louchami, K., Sener, A., Malaisse, W. J., & Ait-Yahia, D. (2019). Pea protein hydrolysate modulates insulin response. Food Science & Nutrition, 7(6), 2016-2025. doi: 10.1002/fsn3.1075