Mini Egg Protein Blondies Recipe
Happy Easter from Team NGX! 🐣
These mini egg protein blondies are the perfect combination of a chocolate chip protein blondie on the bottom topped with a creamy chocolate peanut butter frosting 👌🏼
Ingredients for the protein blondies
- 1 1/2 scoops (50g) PowerPack (BodyFuel can also be used)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3/4 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup (64g) peanut butter
- 1/2 cup (100g) caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2 whole eggs
- 2/3 cup (150g) plain, nonfat Greek yoghurt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- 100g Cadbury Mini eggs
For the Chocolate Peanut Butter Frosting:
•1 cup (227g) plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
•1/3 cup (75g) caster sugar
•3/4 cup (100g) peanut butter
•1/4 cup (20g) cocoa powder
•1 tsp. vanilla extract
• 16 Cadbury mini eggs
• Cream egg
..Or any other toppings of your choice!
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Add all ingredients for the blondies, except for chocolate chips, to a food processor. Process until a smooth batter forms. Add chocolate chips and pulse a few times to incorporate.
3. Line a 9×9 square pan with foil and spray with nonstick spray. Pour batter into pan and spread evenly. Bake at 175C for about 18-20 minutes depending on your oven. Check at 15 minutes just to be sure they do not over-bake.
4. Once cooked, let completely cool.
5. For the frosting, add all ingredients to a large bowl. Mix together until a smooth, creamy frosting forms. Spread frosting over cooled blondies.
6. Chop any other Easter egg topping into smaller pieces. Sprinkle over top of the bars. Add 16 mini eggs in 4 rows of 4, so that each blondie has one when cut.
7. Cut into 16 bars and enjoy your high protein Easter treat!